St Andrews Scotland

What do you thank God for?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Traction

I'm dead tired now....

Attended a ball last night, and man was it weird. It was more of a big, posh, party. There was a live band, disco, chocolate fountains, sumo wrestling (pics are on facebook, all the more reason to get it!), and to top it off there was a wedding chapel so that couples could get married. Seriously, no kiddin. There was a minister there, standing there the whole night while people walked into the chapel dead drunk, wanting to get married to other random drunkards. AND, the "best" couple won a free nights stay at the hotel where the ball was held. Sigh... i guess you could give the organisers points in the creativity department....

Anyway, i didnt' do much. I just walked around with some friends, chatting and mingling... danced abit, drank abit, sumo-wrestled abit, and ate alot of chocolate from the chocolate fountain. It was an OK night i guess. I would have probably preferred watching a football or basketball game with a bag of chips and a coke, but hey it was free so its fine with me!

Time really flies. Man, i dont' know how many times i've typed that out on my blog. But yeah, time really does. It's chalking up the miles. Get it, get it? Har har. Sorry i'm tired, thats my excuse.

Anyway, yes soon i'll be on my way back to sunny singapore again. That'll be on the 24th of may. And my summer will last till october! 4 months, 4 whole months. Man. Sickk...

Emerge! I'll finally be able to attend it! After 2 years of absense... thank you God! Lucas, help me register! Thanks man..

I'll be going to Israel as well! With my parents and my uncle and auntie from vietnam. I'm really looking forward to that... It's really cool. My uncle and auntie know all about CHC, cos my dad runs a "mini service" every sunday, and logs in to the online telecast of the service and projects it on a big screen for the people @ the golf course to watch. I've never really told him, but i'm really proud of my dad, and what he's doing in vietnam. He really is an example to me. He's in his workplace, and is actively spreading the gospel to everyone around him. He's in the marketplace, and he is influencing people. I am in the marketplace as well. I should be doing the same, if not more! i knwo i have the potential, but am i making the most out of it? I don't know... i hope so, but honestly i don't think so. Something has to change, stat.

You know how they say that when you go overseas, you'll only be homesick for a couple months, max, till you get to know people and develop friendships, then you'll be fine. I say that's a load of cow manure. It's been almost 2.5 years now. I don't think i'll ever stop missing home. And well... i'm fine with that. I just need to get a grip.


@ 7:28 AM